r/povertyfinance - My full-blown beginner's guide to making money online in time for the holidays.

I am back again with an (even more) full-blown compilation of everything I have found to make money online. I am sure there are some people that just sighed and asked "Why are you posting this AGAIN?!" Well, I have noticed a lot of other posts lately with people exclaiming they do not have enough for the holiday season and want to get their sister this, their brother that, and their kids all of the toys on their XMas list. Also, I am sure there are some people that haven't seen it. Apologies if you have.

Plus, I am still including the free e-book link if you want to see more (like passive earning, saving money with apps, teaching Chinese kids English, and a lot more). This is an all-inclusive write-up compiling all of my past posts on how I am making upwards of $1,000 a month through pretty simple online work. I figured with the holidays coming up, we could all use the extra cash.

Because this is (in most cases) not intended to be a primary source of income, I won't pretend you can survive with only this. This is a way to supplement what you already have. There is no way to know what you will make any given month, so do not count on it. My worst month I only made around $500 and my best I made over $2,000.

As I have stated in my other posts, this is not a definitive list of everything a person can do online by any means. Do your own research on the subs I list, use Google, ask other people, and find what works for you. What I talk about works well for me, my family, and my schedule. Below I will include time requirements to make this money, provide a quick recap of the revenue streams that I have found to work, and provide payment proof for what I can.

I personally invest anywhere from 20 to 30 hours a week doing these sites, on top of my day job. Some days I will make $20 all day, and others I will make over $200. I prefer this, as opposed to a second job, because I can pay partial attention to a laptop and 'clock-out' when I want to focus on family or Netflix. This works better for my temperament and preferences.

As stated, I put all of this info into an e-book, plus a TON of other stuff that was either written by me, or compiled from others (with their permission). I am attaching a paid and free link. If you're interested in paying for it (much appreciated if you do!), it can be found here for under $1. Free version is here.

A working laptop, a cellphone (in some cases), an internet connection, and a fairly good amount of patience to learn. If you are in a position where these tools are not available, you can also do many of these from a library.

These are combined numbers over the last year.Anyway, on to the revenue streams. There are some refs, clearly labeled, as well as non-ref links:

Respondent.io ref ($4,800): Studies - Most countries - This site allows users to screen for online or in-person surveys and focus groups. The pay is amazing, easily averaging $125 per test. I only average getting approved for the groups about 10% of the time (I have filled out about 400 screeners and have been selected for 40 studies). Thankfully, each screener only takes me a few minutes to fill out. I have made up to $200 with one hour of work doing an in person focus group. Most focus groups are done through webcam, so you don't even have to leave your house. They payout via PayPal 7 days after the activity is complete. Non-ref

SwagBucks ref ($225) Surveys – Majority of countries– This is more of a catch-all for stuff to do when you want to make and save money. You can do surveys, play games, and watch videos to earn points. You can also get cash back from using SB to visit and buy from different stores. You get paid in points which can be used to purchase gift cards or sent directly to PayPal. Each point is the equivalent of $0.01. Usually, SB will have deals where you can get certain gift cards for less. For example, a $20 Amazon gift card for 1800 SB points. The payout can be slow, but if you don’t mind running ads in the background, using a plug-in to save money while you shop, or killing time playing a game, SwagBucks can be a great way to earn $20 a month. Non-ref

Prolific.ac ref ($1,575): Surveys - Most coutries - Based in the UK, this is one of my favorites because they pay in Great British Pound (GBP) which is the equivalent to 1.25x USD. Prolific is similar to mturk in that all you do is fill out surveys. Pay is better than mturk, but the availability of surveys is not as great. The initial questionnaire you have to fill out is a bit long taking me about 20 minutes, but ensures you qualify for every survey they show you and will never get disqualified for not meeting the demographic. You have to hit £5 before you can cash out, but you get this after a few days of watching for surveys. Leave it open in a tab and check it throughout the day. I wish I could do this one all day. They pay out in PayPal anytime you request it and have a balance of over £5. Non-ref

Mturk ($3,142): Small tasks and surveys - US mainly. Confirmed also in Canada, Europe, & Aus. - This is by far the one I spent the most time on and has been the best earner. This site lets humans perform small tasks that robots still cannot do well. It is owned by Amazon. Downside is there are slim pickings on weekends and when colleges are out on vacation. I typically stick to surveys, but once in a while do batch jobs which there are more of. You have to wait a week for your first payout, which will go to an Amazon payment account. You can the get payouts one time per day after that. Approval for mturk can sometimes be a pain in the ass, almost impossible if you are not from the US, but is definitely worth it in my opinion if you can get approved.

Secret shopper app ref ($485): In-person store evaluation - US only - This link will take you directly to a sign-up page with my ref code. Feel free to delete it before signing up, if you want. You will be taken to the app store where you can download the actual app on your phone. Essentially, you go to stores near you that are identified in the app and take pictures or videos of specific items. I like this one because I have the ability to make a few extra bucks if I am already out shopping. The pay for this one averages about $15/hr. Non-ref

Usertesting ($800): Website evaluation - US & maybe select others - This site allows you to review new websites and apps. The pay is usually $10 per recorded test lasting 10-15 minutes. Sometimes the pay is more, but never less. I average a few tests a week. Some weeks I will get a dozen tests, other weeks nothing. This one is great to practice your feedback skills, which open up a lot of other doors. Pay is through PayPal, one week (to the minute) after the test is complete.

Redbubble ($305): T-shirt creation - Worldwide - After getting rejected by merch by Amazon, I came here. You design and publish t-shirts, phone cases, and about 20 other mixed products, with each sell netting you a few bucks. They are based in Australia, and do pay-outs once a month on the 15th via PayPal. You do all of the uploading and just wait for people to find it with keywords or searches. Great if you are artistic or know how to use any creative software. 25% off ref code for first order over $40. You save $10 or more, and I get a $10 credit if you use this code.

Ebay ($190): Selling goods - Worldwide - Not much explanation needed here. You buy stuff in-person low, and sell online high. Here is a $1 beginner's guide dedicated to flipping (also mine).

PlaytestCloud ($190): Video game testing - Many countries - This is just simple game testing. It is super fun, very quick, and you get to test new games before anyone else. They send you tests for different listed devices, you download the game file, and they record your screen and voice. The only issue I have with this one is that you are only able to test 3-4 games per month, at $9-$11 each. Paid almost immediately after each test via PayPal. This one has been pretty dead recently.

UsabilityHub ($15): App testing - Many countries - This one lets the user take quick one or two minute surveys on your opinion of an app screen. They pay for this averages to about $.10 a minute, so it is nothing spectacular. Just leave it open in another tab and take a quick survey when you hear a new one come available.

UserInterviews ($50): Studies - US & maybe select others - Similar to Respondent, but with less approval when filling out the demographics for each study.

Reddit subs($2,300): It is super simple to use Reddit as more than a social media tool or news website. Knowing the right subs to subscribe to, and what to look for, can help you make a few extra hundred bucksa month. There are a ton that you can find small or medium jobs on, but I am only going to outline the top four that have worked for me.

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post