Photography in 123


Click here for more images

How many times have you seen photos that knocked your socks off and you thought “How did the photographer take that?  What’s their secret?”

I’ll bet you’ve seen lots of stunning photos online, in magazines, or even in galleries.  Whenever I’ve come across a photo I like I always try to find our more about how it was taken.

All I usually find are one-sentence blurbs that vaguely explain a setting or two on the camera and that’s about it.  I’ve often tried to replicate the photo without enough guidance.  But I usually didn’t have much success when I started.

Most of the awesome pictures that are online are posted because the photographer is proud of them.  But their intent isn’t to instruct others on how to take the shot.

They’re posting to share with people, to promote their name as a photographer, or to generate new business.

Then there’s the “fun” process of reading lots of books and magazines on photography.  What a mess!  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve read many of them and did learn.  But I’ve never learned exactly what I needed to know at that time.

Photography books are great to learn the basic and advanced concepts and techniques.  Which is great.  However, when you have a specific shot you want to take in mind, a book won’t help you.

You don’t get exact instructions on how to create the photo you want to take.  You get great...

Read More detail
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post